How can I get alarm email on MJPG camera?
Suitable for MJPG camera: FI8903W, FI8904W, FI8905W, FI8907W, FI8908W, FI8909W, FI8910W, FI8916W, FI8918W, FI8919W.
Email can be sent when there is motion detection. Here we take sender mail ‘yahoo’ as an example to set email settings to get alarm email.
Step 1: Set email settings.
Long into camera, click For Administrator Mail Service Settings.
- Sender: A email to send alarm email. Eg: email@example.com
- Receiver: Four receivers can be set to get alarm email.
SMTP Server is decided by sender mail.
Eg: For yahoo, it’s smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Port is also decided by sender mail. Eg: For yahoo, you can set 25 or 587
- Select None for Transport Layer Security. There isn’t this item on some cameras.
- Check Need Authentication.
- SMTP User is the same as Sender.
- SMTP Password is the password of Sender mail.
Step 2: Click Submit first then click Test. A new web page will pop up to show test is successful or not. If it’s successful, an email would be sent to the receiver mail.
Check Motion Detect Armed and Send Mail on Alarm. And then click Submit to save the settings
- Six alarm snapshots are attached on each email.
- The email is only sent when the alarm is triggered.
- You may get the alarm email a little later than the motion because of the Internet delay.