Suitable for H.264 camera: FI8601W, FI8602W, FI8605W, FI8608W, FI8620
Email can be sent when there is motion detection. Here we take sender mail ‘yahoo’ as an example to set email settings to get alarm email.
Step 1: Set email settings.
Long into camera, click For Administrator Email Settings.
SMTP Server name is decided by sender mail.
E.g.: For yahoo, it’s smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Server port is also decided by sender mail. e.g.: For yahoo, you can set 25 or 587.
- Authentication: Select On.
- User Name: An email to send alarm email. e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password is the password of Sender mail.
- Sender is the same as User Name.
- Receiver: Three receivers can be set to get alarm email.
- Subject: Set a title for the email.
- Message: Set content for the email. Click Apply to save the settings.
Step 2: Set motion detection settings on Motion Detection page.
Four widows can be set to detect motion. Set one window (Window 1 is checked) as an example here. Click Apply to save the settings.
Step 3: Set alarm setting on Alarm page.
Check Email Alarm and then click Apply to save the settings.
Step 4: Make some motion in camera’s motion detection window. It’s window 1 here. Check alarm email on receiver email.
- One alarm snapshot is attached on each email.
- The email is only sent when the alarm is triggered.
- You may get the alarm email a little later than the motion because of the Internet delay.